In a real estate investment career spanning more than 40 years, Michael Force has seen the industry from all sides: as a property owner, manager, developer, attorney, receiver and managing agent. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker in California and an inactive member of the Oregon State bar.
Mike is currently the Principal and CEO of Westcal Management that manages over 6,000 apartment units and commercial buildings in the northern California area. Mike also is the owner and managing member on apartment buildings and an office complex in his own name.
Before moving to California in 1991 to become the principal of Westcal Management, he was the executive vice-president of a management company in Seattle that managed 900,000 square feet of commercial space and over 5,000 residential units. Previously Mike was responsible for insurance and legal claims for a large retail company in the Northwest and was Vice-President and Counsel for a large manufacturing company.
DEGREES AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
- B.S. in Business Administration, Portland State University
- J.D. from Willamette University School of Law
- Earned CPM designation from Institute for Real Estate Management
- Associate in Risk Management from the Insurance Institute of America
- Real Estate Broker, California
BOARDS AND OFFICES
- Rental Housing Association of Sacramento, Board member since 2001 and past President
- California Employers Association, Board member since 2004 and past President
- California Apartment Association, Board Member 2004-2006
- Rental Housing Association of Sacramento
- California Employers Association
- Oregon State Bar (inactive)